Booking Site: Health, medical, wellbeing
This booking site for Edgbaston Wellness and Medispa was a site redesign and rebrand for new owners who wanted a fresh, clean look. The brief was to add functionality:
- Dynamic Website
- Mobile Responsive
- Booking appointment system
- Live Chat Integration
- Gift Card integration
- Advertisement space
- Contact page integration with all the enquired in backend
- Basic SEO and organic page ranking
- Ability to upload pictures and files
The first step was to have a good chat with the customer about their business and what their aims were, how they were going to differentiate, who their customer was and how they were going to market to that customer.
Images were ultra important – as they are for most sites – to convey the right message to the customer, explaining what the services are.
I’ll be honest and say that I didn’t want to add the slider on the front page – but the client won out on that discussion. I find sliders to be a bit cumbersome to the most important part of the site – front page above the fold. Plus they dont really do anything, except delay the customer to getting to the information that they want. But that’s my rant and like I said, the customer won out. Note that in the end, I didnt add the slider to the mobile version- it was just useless.
We added all of the functionality to the booking site, some highlights:
Booking appointment system
This took a bit of tinkering to get it exactly right for the customer. It’s a real time booking system where customers can see the available spots, in 30 minute increments and book a time to suit. The front desk staff then have instant access to be able to view the booking, assign resources (such as rooms and equipment) to it and extend the time if the consultation requires it. They then contact the customer to confirm.
Booking site live chat
For this, we set the customer up on Chaport. This chat system is easy to use and has an easy to install and configure plugin/widget to accompany it. They are currently on the Free Plan
Gift Card Integration
We used YITH Gift Cards for this. Easy to use and set up. A very powerful selling tool for the clients business. These gift cards are delivered digitally to the customer. Some really cool features:
- You can set a delivery date in advance – eg. Birthdays
- You can add your own designs and messages
- You can send to multiple recipients – sort Christmas out in a flash!
- Dollar amount or percentage amount
- Notifications – eg that the recipient actually got it!
- Can be printed physically – if that is your thing
- QR codes for simple implementation at store level.
Ability to upload files and pictures in the booking site
This is a really clever one for a booking site. We used a plug in that can be added anywhere on the site to allow the client or the customer to upload files (such as consent forms) and images (such as before/after). We then linked it with the clients cloud storage of choice.
Basic SEO and organic page ranking
Our basic SEO package which included:
- ‘Long Tail’ keyword research with recommendations and opportunities. Ie extensions similar to the main key words.
- Blog suggestions based upon key words
- Image optimisation. Renaming images with key words
- Website title and description
- Bing verification
- Development of Site Map and ping Google/Bing
- Page by Page analysis with SEO scoring including meta descriptions – Using “Yoast SEO”.
- Taxonomy strings and Breadcrumbs
- Social Media linking
- Google Analytics, Adsense linking
- Page speed
- Mobile friendliness
- Develop a “My Business” account